Rocket pesto is a very tasty yet light pesto which I like to make during these warm days of spring...Summer is still a bit far this year I think, because days are a little bit cold and rainy, but weather forecast says we'll have better weather from tomorrow...today it was sunny too, hope it holds!
But now, I am going to give you the recipe of this very easy sauce..All you need is:
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 glass of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 gr Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 50 gr Pecorino cheese (grated)
- 50 gr pine nuts
- 100 gr rocket
It is really easy to make, you just have to take your mixer and...
- Set aside some rocket leaves and pine nuts, to garnish your dish ( I only used the leaves)
- Put all the ingredients in the mixer + half glass of oil, and start it at the low speed.
- Add the last half of the olive oil and mix at high speed.
- Garnish your pasta with the leaves and the pine nuts and of course the sauce!
Of course I used the rocket I had in my plot, it's so good!
Here's the pesto:
I hope you like the dish of today!