Today I wanted to show you this quite easy but very tasty dish we call "Gnocchi alla Romana" (Semolina dumplings). This can be a very great comfort dish, and it will be even better when warmed in the microwave or in the oven with some more cheese on!
All you need for this yummy dish is:
- 1 lt milk
- 250 gr semolina
- 50 gr butter
- some grated parmesan cheese (about a cup)
- some more butter ( about 50 gr)
How to make it:
- Boil milk, and pour all the semolina in. Cook it, and stir it until it looks dry and homogeneous.
- Add 50 gr of butter, keep on stirring. Pour it all on a wet tray/big cheese plate or just the table (make sure it's wet!!!)
- Spread out the mixture on the table, 1 cm thick.Then, with a glass, cut some discs out.
- Put some butter in a casserole, place the discs side by side, add some more butter, sprinkle on some grated parmesan and add another layer of semolina discs, repeating the process.
- Bake in the oven at 200°C or grill them, until it becomes brown and the surface looks crispy.