giovedì 4 febbraio 2010

♥Chocolate Plum Cake♥

Good morning! ☺
Today I am posting this Chocolate Plum Cake I made, and I sincerely hope you like it! I used to make the classic plum cake, but this time I decided to make it with chocolate and I also added some candied orange...a very good match of flavours!

The decorations on it were a little bit time consuming, because I had to wait for the chocolate to cool...Then with a spatula I have removed it and created these decorations...next time I think I will try to make roses of chocolate, I already tried to make leaves using real roses leaves..bu the result wasn't that good - hard to make such a tiny layer of chocolate and separate it from the leaves!

♥The recipe is pretty easy, here you are! 

Ingredients:

  • 250 g butter
  • 250 g sugar
  • 250 g flour
  • 50 g unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 8 g baking powder
  • 0,05 g vanillin
  • 4 eggs
  • 100 g candied orange
  • 50 g raisins
  • 5 cl rum

How to make it:

As usual, soak raisins in the rum for 10-15 minutes and then strained it; Chop butter into small-medium pieces and put it in a bowl with the vanillin and the sugar, whip it all with a whisk, until it gets swollen and foamy. Keep mixing and gradually add eggs, one per time. In a separate bowl, sieve the flour along with the cocoa and the baking powder. Add then raisins and the candied orange, mix it with the flour, cocoa and baking powder and add it to the bowl where you had the first mixture. Pour the mixture in a plum cake mould, level it and bake it in the oven at 180°C for about 45/50 minutes. 
Once it's ready and cool, add chocolate decorations and sprinkle on sugar or add candied oranges on top.

Enjoy!


  


14 commenti:

Merchi ha detto...

his cake is wonderful, and if you add the candied orange, still more.

Congratulations artist ;)

Kisses

Lorna May ha detto...

I don't like plum but this post makes it look yummy enough to be tempted.

~Lavender Dreamer~ ha detto...

I know I would love this. I really like a chocolate cake that uses cocoa..I like the taste it has! ♥

Federica Simoni ha detto...

wow deve essere buonissimo!

love lives in the kitchen ha detto...

yumm! how lovely it looks! i think i'm gonna try it soon!
have a very sweet day,
justyna

Rita ha detto...

Beautiful and looks so good;this would be a hit with my husband. Crazy about raisins and with chocolate; wow!
Rita

Catherine ha detto...

beautyful cake , it looks really good.I think i'll try this weekend! good weekend catherine

SavoringTime in the Kitchen ha detto...

Anything made with chocolate gets my attention quickly ;) This sounds wonderful!

Catherine ha detto...

I did your chocolate plum cake and i put it on my blog with a link to yours! good weekend catherine

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti ha detto...

I'd love the orange and chocolate version! Very pretty Anna lisa!

Karen ha detto...

Annalisa, You won a Wilton Heart Pan from my GiveawaY! I don't have your email... please send name and address so we can get it to you.

Karen B.

Anonimo ha detto...

Hello Annalisa

I have come over from Catherines blog. I am not one to cook cakes as we would want to eat them and we are both already overweight!!! I have some new Italian neighbours and Carmela might like some of your recipes, so I hope you don't mind if I print some and pass them onto her!! Her husband was a chef until he developed AMD (Aged Macular degenation)

My husband and I are having a short holiday in the Amalfi Coast in September, a country I have never visited, but my husband has.

I have become a follower and look forward to learning more about the Italian life.

Have a great weekend, Jackie in UK.

Reading Tea Leaves ha detto...

What a clever combination of flavours. It looks delicious!

Jeanne x

Hearts Turned ha detto...

Good morning, Annalisa! What a delicious-looking cake--I'll need to try this!

Thanks so much for visiting me, and for your kind words--I really appreciate it! Happy to see your beautiful blog--love all your photos!

Hope you're having a beautiful day!