Mozzarella in carrozza
- 1 mozzarella (about 125 g)
- 8 slices of sandwich loaf
- 2 eggs
- some water, flour and milk
How to make it:
- Cut the mozzarella into 4 thick slices
- Place the mozzarella slice on a sandwich loaf slice, and cover it with the other slice of bread
- Dip the borders in the flour, then in the water.
- Now dip the whole "sandwich" in the milk but not dip it too much!
- Place the sandwiches on a baking tin or a big plate
- Whisk the eggs in another plate and add some salt
- Now pour some of the whisked egg on the sandwiches
- Wait 5 minutes, to allow the egg to "sink" in the bread.
- Turn the sanwiches and do the same thing (pour on the other side some whisked egg..)
- Warm some oil in a pan, and fry the sandwiches one per time, allowing them 3-4 minutes per side.
- Enjoy warm and cheesy, like these!