venerdì 15 gennaio 2010

Rösti and porcini mushrooms


 Hope you like,
Annalisa

@Pat:

Rösti is a Swiss dish consisting mainly of potatoes.

Rösti is made with potatoes which are grated and depending on the frying technique, possibly mixed with some butter or fat (and usually salt and pepper), or fried in oil later. The grated potatoes are then shaped into rounds or patties. Often the rösti is simply shaped inside of the frying pan. They are most often shallow fried but can also be baked in the oven. Although the basic Rösti consists of nothing but potato, a number of additional ingredients are sometimes added, such as  bacon, onions and cheese or apples,and herbs. I usually make it using a lot of cheese and bacon, because that is the way my family likes it most. But the simple one, only with pepper, is not bad either. :) Hope I helped you!
And if you want, here you can find the link of the recipe I posted some time ago! 
here you are:  " Rösti recipe "

2 commenti:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti ha detto...

I love porcini mushrooms. I'm not sure what rosti is?

Rita ha detto...

I am crazy about Rösti. My son is a chef and he worked in Zurich a few years ago. When he returned he made Rösti for us and wow!